How to remove a Microsoft account?
Once you’re logged in to a different account, follow these steps to remove the unwanted account from your PC.
- Click the Start button.
- Click Settings.
- Click Accounts.
- Scroll down and click the Microsoft account you’d like to delete.
- Click Remove.
- Click Yes.
The account has now been removed from your PC.
How to completely delete your Microsoft account
Now that the account you want to delete has been removed from your PC, you can go ahead with the deletion process on Microsoft’s website.
- Launch your web browser from your desktop, task bar, or Start Menu.
- Navigate to the close Microsoft account page.
- Type your Microsoft account username in the Email or phone field.
- Type your password in the Password field.
- Click Sign in.
- Type the last four digits of the phone number linked to the Microsoft account you’re trying to delete.
- Click Send code.
- Enter the code that you’ve received as a text message on your phone.
- Click Submit.
- Click No thanks.
- Click Next when you’ve read through the suggestions from Microsoft.
- Click the checkboxes beside each section as you read through them.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside Select a reason.
- Click a reason for closing your account.
- Click Mark account for closure.
- Click Done.
The account will remain in limbo for 60 days in case you have second thoughts about deleting it. At the end of 60 days, the account will be deleted permanently and will be irretrievable.