How to Settle an outstanding balance that has been declined in MSN Account?
Open your browser and go to My Account Page and sign in with your username and password.
Check these common causes of declined payments:
- The credit card available balance is insufficient to cover the amount due.
- Try this: Verify that the available balance on your credit card is sufficient to cover the outstanding balance you are trying to pay.
- The credit card has expired.
- Try this: Check the expiration date on your card to make sure it’s current.
- There are spaces, commas or non-numeric characters in the credit card number.
- Try this: Retype the credit card number without any spaces, commas, or other non-numeric characters.
- Billing address, name or expiration date entered incorrectly.
- Try this: Verify that the billing address, expiration date, and name on your credit card are correct.
- The credit card may not be activated.
- If you are using a new credit card, verify that the credit card has been activated.
If none of the above reasons corrected the error, these are your next steps:
- Contact your bank to ask why authorization is failing.OR
- Add a different credit card.